Here are a few things you can check before you call.
- Is your thermostat set to the correct mode? Heat / Cool / Auto / Off
- Is the thermostat temperature set to your normal setting?
- Have you checked or changed your air filter? Dirty air filters can cause some systems to shut down, resulting in an unnecessary service call.
Experts Heating & Cooling can service & repair all brands of HVAC equipment.
- American Standard
- Day & Night
Experts Heating & Cooling can repair all types of HVAC equipment.
- Heat pumps
- Ductless Heat pumps
- Gas furnaces
- Electric furnaces (air handlers)
- Inspect unit for proper refrigerant level and adjust if necessary
- Clean dirt, leaves and debris from inside cabinet
- Inspect base pan for restricted drain openings – remove obstructions as necessary
- Inspect coil and cabinet – clean as needed
- Inspect fan motor and fan blades for wear and damage – on older models lubricate as needed
- Inspect control box, associated controls/accessories, wiring and connections. Controls may include contactors, relays, circuit boards, capacitors, sump heat and other accessories. All control box and electrical parts should be checked for wear or damage.
- Inspect compressor and associated tubing for damage
- Inspect and clean blower assembly (includes blower housing, blower wheel and motor)
- On older models, lubricate motor and inspect and replace fan belt if needed
- Check combustion blower housing for lint and debris and clean as necessary
- Inspect evaporator coil, drain pan and condensate drain lines. Clean as needed
- Inspect for gas leaks in gas furnaces
- Inspect burner assembly – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect ignition system and safety controls – clean and adjust as needed
- Inspect heat exchanger or heating elements
- Inspect flue system – check for proper attachment to the furnace, any dislocated sections, and for signs of corrosion.
- Inspect control box, associated controls, wiring and connections
- Inspect conditioned airflow system (ductwork) – check for leaks
- Monitor system starting characteristics and capabilities
- Listen for abnormal noise
- Search for source of unusual odors
- Monitor air conditioning and heat pump systems for correct refrigerant charge
- Measure outdoor dry bulb temperature
- Measure indoor dry and wet bulb temperature
- Measure high and low side system pressures
- Monitor gas furnace for correct line and manifold gas pressure – make adjustments as needed
- Measure temperature rise and adjust airflow as needed
- Check vent system for proper operation
- Monitor system for correct line and load volts/amps
- Monitor system operation per manufacturer’s specifications
Looking to have a new system installed? We offer top of the line equipment from American Standard and Mitsubishi Electric. We can do new construction, add-on’s and replacements! Call to schedule a free estimate at 360-335-1699 or schedule online.
Experts Heating and Cooling Inc. your local American Standard Dealer
Click link below to learn more about American Standard systems
We are your local Mitsubishi Electric Diamond Dealer
Click link below to learn more about Mitsubishi Electric ductless systems
- Camas, Wa
- Carson, Wa
- Skamania, Wa
- Stevenson, Wa
- Vancouver, Wa
- Washougal, Wa
Zip codes we serve
98607 – 98671 – 98664 – 98682 – 98683 – 98684 – 98662 – 98610 – 98648