It’s the time of year again when the leaves start changing color and we see the words pumpkin spice everywhere we turn. Here’s some things to ponder while transitioning your home into the cooler weather.
What you should do regularly to ensure that your system is performing at peak operating levels.
- Filter- Whether it’s winter, spring, summer or fall- regular filter changes are the best way to keep your equipment running properly and keep your air as clean as possible. At the very least, you should change your filter once before the cooling season (Spring) and the heating season (Fall).
- Leaves- If you have a heat pump or air conditioner, make sure to keep leaves and other debris away from the outdoor component to maintain proper airflow. Improper airflow can result in decreased performance and can cause the system to have potential breakdowns.
- Thermostat- Fall can be a roller coaster of a season. To decrease utility bills you should stick to your programmed comfort schedule, or in the case that you do not have a programmable thermostat you should set the temperature and forget about it. Constantly fidgeting with the thermostat can result in a higher utility bill.
- Cleaning indoors- Fall is another allergy season. It can be tempting to open all the windows and let in some cooler air. Clean indoors to make sure dust and allergens from outdoors aren’t settling on your surfaces and lowering indoor air quality.
- Maintenance- Make sure to schedule an annual or semi-annual maintenance with Experts Heating and Cooling, Inc. This is the best way to ensure proper performance levels throughout winter.
Here are things Experts will do during a Fall furnace preventative maintenance appointment.
- Clean- We will clean the burner, heat exchanger, and any other component if necessary.
- Inspect- We will make sure the venting system is working properly.
- Check- Our guys will look over the whole furnace to make sure there aren’t any problems, aren’t any rusty spots or leaks, and make sure the electric system is in tip-top shape.
Something to remember, HVAC systems (gas furnaces particularly) require the skills of a professional for proper maintenance, installation and repairs.
Now let’s cozy up to fall with our brisk mornings, yummy smelling candles and pumpkin spice lattes.
To schedule your Fall maintenance, Call Experts 360-335-1699